Wednesday, December 3, 2014

I Mourn...

I mourn because we are fighting like dogs on an issue that should unite us.
I mourn because another guy that looks like me is dead on the street.
I mourn because another guy that looks like me shows no respect to the police.
I mourn because more violence does not create more violence.
I mourn because everyone that looks like me is up in arms.
I mourn because half of those that don't look like me do not understand.
I mourn because there is sin rampant in the world and at times it feels hopeless.
I mourn because racism is still alive and kicking.
I mourn because these circumstances in Ferguson and Staten Island are dividing us.
I mourn because not enough of my Christian brethren are talking about the decisions.
I mourn because of poverty.
I mourn because of segregation.
I mourn because of the cycle of hopelessness that is continuously spinning.
I mourn because Dr. King's dream might not ever be realized.
I mourn because my family mourns.
I mourn because I'm tired of arguing/debating the validity.

I simply mourn because I am a black man living in the USA that doesn't feel united.

No comments:

Post a Comment